This snapshot relies on a cellphone survey of 402 people in Ayeyarwady Area carried out throughout April 20 – Could 7. Design and evaluation had been carried out by the Market Evaluation Unit, whereas sampling and knowledge assortment had been carried out by Village Hyperlink. A easy random pattern was drawn from an inventory of 42,000 people throughout 26 townships who stay in farming households, and the research is meant to symbolize this inhabitants solely. The survey contact charge was 22.2%, and statistics assume 95% confidence and a 5% margin of error. The survey targeted on family meals insecurity and livelihood exercise.
I. Key Highlights
● Sixty p.c (60%) of respondents stay in households the place a minimum of one particular person frightened about not having sufficient meals prior to now 30 days;
● Twenty-five p.c (25%) stated somebody of their family couldn’t eat healthily prior to now 30 days;
● Fewer than 5% reported essentially the most extreme meals insecurity measures, similar to somebody skipping meals, working out of meals, or going a day with out meals;
● Almost one-third count on July – September to be essentially the most troublesome months for meals insecurity of their family;
● Seventy-six p.c (76%) count on diminished family earnings within the subsequent 30 days;
● Sixty-five p.c (65%) count on sufficient livelihood inputs to be unaffordable for somebody of their family within the subsequent 30 days;
● Fifty-four p.c (54%) count on to spend family financial savings within the subsequent 30 days;
● Fifty-two p.c (52%) count on to hunt new borrowing within the subsequent 30 days.